Thursday, April 30, 2009

A prayer to God

Oh Father forgive me my excesses!
Forgive me my temper tantrums over not getting what I want. Forgive me my worry over getting my fair share.
Continue to give me a heart big enough to feel the pain of the ones that are crying out!
Lead me to do what I can, what you want.
Lead me Father to humbleness and gratefulness beyond human comprehension.
Lead me to have a heart like Yours!
And still Father I pray that you
Continue to bless me with discomfort at easy answers, half truths, and superficial relationships; so that I may live deep within my heart.
Continue to bless me with anger at injustice, oppression, and exploitation of people; so that I may work for justice, freedom, and peace.
Continue to bless me with tears to shed for those who suffer from pain, rejection, starvation, and war; so that I may reach out my hand to comfort them and to turn their pain into joy.
Continue to bless me with enough foolishness to believe that I can make a difference in this world; so that I can do what others claim cannot be done!
Continue to soften the hearts of people who can go to bed at night, still worried about getting their fair share. And bless them with the blessings you've given me.
I ask this in your Holy Name Jesus,

AMEN

No comments: