Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I wonder....

There is a beautiful poem written by Chris & Mary Malone (http://www.themalonefamily.us) that's often posted by Reece's Rainbow families 10 days before traveling... let's say it's an emerging tradition - and we are so grateful to be apart of it!

"I wonder...when it was 10 days before I met God and He adopted me, was HE this excited?

I wonder if His stomach did flips and He got tears in His eyes when He thought about holding me for the first time.

I wonder if His heart ached when He thought about my life without Him as my Daddy.

I wonder if it grieved Him to know that I was living as an orphan and had no hope of a future without Him.

I wonder if He was as okay with paying my ransom as I am with paying our girl's.

I wonder if, for Him, there was no cost too high, no sacrifice too great.

I wonder..."

2 comments:

Joanna and David said...

Such a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing that - and this incredible journey! - with all of us. :) I just looked at your family pictures - SO CUTE! And I never realized how right you were when you said Olive looked like she belonged in your family! She has those big brown eyes and actually looks like she could be your kid! Amazing. I'm so excited that you are getting closer to the day you've been waiting for for SO long. Wow. So amazing! Can't wait!

soontobemomof9 said...

Love it! I am borrowing it from you as I couldn't find it. :) A little late as I leave in 2 days... but... :)