Friday, June 27, 2008

I called the ped...

I called our pediatrician on Monday because Evelyn would not stop screaming, and I was losing it.
The nurse told me she might be teething.
WHAT? at 10 weeks. Um, okay. Probably not.
But I hadn't really connected anything with a vaccine reaction until my MIL brought it up to me.
(She's hypertensive when it comes to anything and everything developmental because she's a teacher and see's it all)...
So I Googled "high pitched screaming" along with "vaccines" and that's how I came across the last article I posted. It was the first article I came across.
The pediatrician's office was too busy to make an appointment today. But, I think I am going to call again this Monday and explain that I think she might have had a reaction to a vaccination and see what they say.
If you try and google it you'll just get lost in politics and get overly confused. It's a mess!
But either way, most my research says that it's the DTaP vacc that causes the neuro irritation (ie: high pitched screaming).
So, we might choose to abstain from just that one on grounds of a possible reaction.
I'm not looking to War against vaccines or anything like that.
My son will continue to finish his vaccination schedule.
I am only concerned with the perceived bad reaction that Evelyn had after her vaccinations, and don't wish to put her through that again. I'm still not completely decided on anything though.

No comments: