Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cleaning house.

In the sprit of being eco-friendly I have decided to keep my vacuum in the closet today, and sweep my floors the old fashion way, with a broom. It felt kind of weird and domestic, but in a good way. But I figure, considering our house takes about 1/2 hour to an hour to vacuum all the tile/hard wood - if I commit to sweeping (every day, damn dogs) instead of using the electricity... perhaps I won't have to feel so bad about running a million fans 24 hours a day (a slight exaggeration) because we have no central air conditioning.

On a similar subject, We bought hanging strawberry baskets the other day and they're starting to sprout strawberries! I am so excited! I have plans to take the daughter plants, and plant them in the ground in our font yard-garden. I hear that they spread well, and I LOVE strawberries!
Speaking of - that is one of the two house projects I'm working on right now. I have just put landscaping blocks in a rectangular format in front of our front porch area, and am working the ground to plant a veggie garden. So pumped! I am a newbie at it, so I hope that I don't kill everything. haha. And the second project is painting all the pillars and wood work in the front of our house. I am not a "white" house person, so we're going green.

No comments: