Thursday, April 3, 2008

So, today could have been the best day of my pregnancy so far,
or the worst.
And for a while there I thought it was the worst...
But, thanks to the Lord (and always having a great plan!)
it turned out to be Okay.
I woke up at 3:00AM having contractions.
I didn't realize it at first, I thought I had to pee really bad or I had a kidney stone moving.
I woke up about 5 times before I "woke up" enough to realize what was going on.
So, I sat up, cleared the fog - and realized that with the pain my stomach was getting hard.
So, it clicks and I'm like crap - contractions!
So, I start timing them and they're 3-4 minutes apart until about 3:45,
and then they start coming every 3 on the dot.
So I wake Karl up and tell him I think I might be in labor, and that we should at least pack
our bags just incase.. We had yet to do that.
So we're timing them as we're packing stuff up and they're coming 3 minutes still.
So we wake up Karl's parents, drop off of the boy, and I notice they're still coming but they're not hurting anymore....
I contemplated turning around, but I figure it's 4:45AM, I've gotten everyone up, I might as well go now.
So, we go in to L&D - I'm still contracting but not painfully.
They check me and I'm 3cm, 80%, -2 station (last check 2cm, "ripe", floating)
So they call the Doc and see if he wants to do the section.
He said since I'm not considered "full term" for 2 days, he wants to wait it out...
The monitors are still showing about every 4 minutes, until they put me on my side.
Well, they instantly dropped to every 10, but were coming with some pain...
I laid like that for about 1/2 hour-45 minutes... hey stayed the same.
they check me, say there's not much change, to take an AmbienCR
and said to go home.
They suspected I was in early labor, and figured if it were going to pick up anytime soon,
I'd go home, get some sleep, and come back in active labor.
Well, I go home, go to sleep (not before being incredibly ridiculously high for 20 minutes)
wake up, and the contractions are still every 10-15 minutes. (hours later)
They've been like that all day.
I thought I was going to lose it.
I was so happy thinking this morning was the last morning of being pregnant,
and wanted to cry when they said to go home....
I thought it was going to be the worst day yet.

But, it turned around.
Karl stayed home from work.
I got a lot of really good sleep.
He got me McDonalds Breakfast.
We went on a walk,
did some yard work (yeah I actually like yard work in moderation),
played with Ethan outside (ball, "sledding" on grass, riding his toddler bike, etc.)
Got our bags packed,
got the back of the truck cleared out,
picked up some fire-wood to have a fire,
and now we're about to have some pizza.
Karl is even doing the dishes as the oven heats and I type!
I spent most the day in the sun and it felt SO good.
It was exactly what I needed.
I'm not particularly happy about it -
but today made 1 week seem more manageable IF it consists of a few days like today.
(*minus the whole stalled labor, and getting sent home thing)

No comments: