Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Feeling Blessed

I haven't blogged in a few days because I've been feeling a little stressed.
We've been buried under paper for foster care and our adoption, not to mention trying to chase after 3 kids under 3.
Add that to two failed fundraisers, a possible diagnosis of MS for my mom, and broken sleep from a teething, gassy 1 year old - and you've got a sour woman on your hands.
I've started going down the thought process of "am I praying the wrong things?", "where are You, God?".
And things like "why aren't the doors opening", and comparing our journey to others who are doing "better", and by that I mean raising more money, or have more money to spend, or whose paperwork is seeming to come easy.
I start questioning if we're doing what God wants, or if there's something I'm not doing, etc.
I'm not saying that any of these thought processes make any sense, or hold any truth to them - or even that I feel that way often.
But, I've been a bit grumpy the last few days.
And God has graciously spoke to me tonight - and eased my anxiety.
He's showed me to trust Him and His timing, and to stop trying to figure our His ways before He's ready to show them to me.
I'm having a hard time learning this.
But, I am feeling blessed tonight.
We have gotten two donations that really mean a lot more than what they are.
They are God's way of saying "I've got it" to me, and calming my spirit.

Thank You, God. Thank you so much for giving me that sweet reminder that this is all in your very capable hands. Thank you for understanding my need to SEE things happen in order to not be discouraged, and being so lavish in providing me that reassurance the way you did.
I am so blessed and spoiled, and in awe of your perfect timing.

1 comment:

messagefromkarl said...

this verse gives me encouragement, im sure you have heard it before
"For i was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Then the righteous will answer him, Lord when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you? The KING will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine you did for ME."

I love you
Karl