I have been consumed by babysitting, photo-retouching, and going mad trying to keep up with every day life.
Evelyn turned 4 months a few days ago - can you believe it!?
- She has shot up and gotten a lot bigger over the last month! She grew a whole diaper and clothing size in what seemed like a mere 2 weeks.
- She is wearing 0-3 and some 3-6 month clothing, and a size 2 diaper
- She is starting to get her "permanent" hair. It's slightly lighter than her newborn hair, but it's still darker, and I hope it stays that way.
- She loves chewing on anything, but especially her feet
- She's started sucking her thumb to self-soothe
- She occasionally takes a bottle of formula (I would have never thought I'd ever do that!) when we're gone.
- She doesn't take a pacifier much anymore
- She's still sleeping in bed with us
- She grabs on to rattles and anything graspable
- She does not like to stand up, she has a case of noodle-legs every time I try
- People compliment her eyes - she has very bright eyes with long lashes
- Se doesn't mind being on her belly and can hold her head up for a very long time before giving up.
- She's started "talking" a lot and she's started a new "fuss" cry that is different than her "immediate needs" cry.
- She can roll over, but isn't happy about it when she does
My parents are moving up this weekend.
I'm so excited! I think it's going to be very good for me and my kids to have them close.
We are also finishing up our applications for foster-parenting today, and turning them in at training tonight. We have one more class next week, and then we're done! We'll be assigned a social worker, and given a home-study, and then we'll know if we're going to be foster parents.
I am so excited about this.
Karl and I feel a huge calling to do this...
I know it sounds corny but when you feel God-led to do something, you step out and do it in faith, and things start to fall in place - it feels so good, and reassuring, and purposeful.
I am so excited about the prospect of stepping outside myself and my family, and actually doing something to (hopefully) genuinely change the life of someone else with out foreseeing any "gain" for myself. It's not often you get a chance to be excited about doing something self-less and life-changing. So, we're pretty pumped.
I'm done babysitting September 5th - and I should have significantly more time then.
I am excited to get to spend more quality one-on-one time with my kids for a while.