Monday, August 25, 2008

Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11 is starting to present itself as my "life verse" the past few years.
I don't have time to sit and recollect every time, and memory that's attached to it right now...
But, it seems like every season in my life it becomes relevant, prevalent, and comforting all on it's own.
I don't seek to find it, but it finds me.
A few quick memories that come to mind are at a youth leaders' retreat with Mars, we put it on clay pots as a visual exercise.
When I was stressing over Karl's job security, it popped up randomly.
I thought about it randomly the other night, and seriously contemplated what it meant to me, my family, and my life...
even seriously considered getting it tattooed at a sweet reminder.
Then today as I wrote in my journal about my heartache and excitement (yes, you can have both!) about Evelyn spending the first part of the night in a play yard next to the bed, instead of snuggled tightly in my arms... it was on the bottom of my journal page for the day...
I just love that verse and what it does to my type A mind when I can't figure things out myself and be a future-fortune-teller...

Jeremiah 29:11, I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Anyways, moving on...
I spent Saturday and Sunday in Indiana at my grandma's family picnic.
It was nice.
Ethan swung back and forth between angle and devil child.... as to be expected for this age, ...right?

Evelyn had a go at solids again this weekend, and I think she's crossed the threshold as far as being developmentally ready to start trying a little here and there. She no longer makes faces, and spits the food back out. But, she's starting to grasp the concept that when a spoon comes near her face, so does food. She braces for it, and actually swallows now! She also has sufficient enough head control to be in her exercauser for short amounts of time now.. which is really cool! I think she really likes it.

Today I am going over to my mom's with the kids, returning Daniel, helping them to get settled and possibly taking my sister School shopping in exchange for my dad to come over and finish painting the font of our house that is driving me crazy! I need to take advantage while I can before he gets a job! I think he's going to take care of some leaking issues we're having with our shower doors too before too much water damage is done...

I have to babysit Tuesday-Friday this week - so I'll be back to my usual business here soon....

Oh, and we have our first social worker interview Tuesday at 10AM for Fostering! YAY!

So, that's my craziness

No comments: