Thursday, October 4, 2007

hangin' in there!

So, yes! I'm barely alive!
It's been a crazy couple of weeks.
We moved out of our old house and in to our new house... but it wasn't as easy as it sounds.
We had problems with paper work on the new house, so we lived at my in-laws for 2 weeks.
And went to my parent's for the rest of the wait.
We ended up with $1,800 in unexpected costs to move in (ugh).
We're still mostly in boxes, with out appliances.
You don't realize how badly you need a washer, dryer, fridge, and stove until you don't have one for a whole week! I don't want to see fast food again... well, maybe Panera, because that's probably the only place I haven't eaten at this week.
We still have to pull out all the staples and tack strips in the rooms upstairs before we can actually get in to our bedrooms. Who ever laid the carpet thought it was necessary to put triple rows of staples all the way across the floors both ways... why?! anyway.
To top it all off I had to get a job, because the numbers were higher than expected due to a homestead tax problem. Basically we're paying taxes and insurance on a $185,000 (I think?) house because that was the last it was assessed at before the previous people destroyed it. Unfortunately that can't be fixed until after January because of some BS government rule. So, that makes me a working woman to at least January... At least I didn't have to get a "real" job though. I just work 2.5-3 hours a night at Millbrook for Karl vacuuming classrooms.
It just stinks because I'm still in the first trimester, feeling like I can sleep all day long, and I can't seem to get any sleep. I'm with bubs, and the dogs (usually a bigger pain than Ethan) attempting to clean and unpack this horrid house during the day. Karl comes home, relief! and then we have dinner, I go to work, come home with just enough time to kiss my kid, watch a half hour of TV, and go to bed...
Ahhh life!

In other news, we had our 2nd ultrasound Monday. The first was pretty uneventful - minus hearing the heart beat for the first time. Which is very exciting and relieving. But this time we got to see the shape of what I've been calling baby two. There wasn't a whole lot else to see since we're only 10 1/2 weeks, but there is a head, body, arms, legs, and heart - so that's good! We have another in two weeks, and then our full diagnostic 6 weeks after that. That's my favorite one! That's when we found out Ethan was an Ethan! So, everything is healthy and well with baby two - Thank God. And that's good.

No comments: