Monday, December 18, 2006

Braxton Hicks...

After my non-stress test today, my nurse thinks that I might be in early labor... could the day possibly be here?!?! Gosh, wouldn't that be amazing! The secretary who apparently is very good at predicting when babies will actually be born says that I will have Ethan this weekend. So, she did her "Baby Dance" and rubbed my belly while she sang to him. Apparently this ensures that baby Ethan will be here soon. So I've been instructed to walk around the mall for a few hours, and a handful of other wives tails, to get labor going if this is finally the real thing.... We'll see! I have to admit it would be perfect timing, because my parents are already planning on visiting tomorrow.

UPDATE: NO BABY YET!

UPDATE: So, the three days of false labor hasn't been totally worthless. I am 2cm, 50%, and -3 all via false labor. Which is better than nothing I suppose. But, it's starting to get both physically and emotionally exhausting. And in other baby related news, Metro has decided that my case has become too high-risk for them, and I am now a patient of Spectrum Health. I am not sure how I feel about this, especially since it's so last minute. But, there is literally nothing I can do about it. So, hopefully soon we'll be off to big scary Spectrum to deliver.

No comments: