Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Getting on..

I am starting to feel a lot more "back-to-normal". As if such a thing is possible after making the transition into motherhood for the first time. But, physically speaking, I am able to navigate myself around the upstairs fairly well. Showering, using the bathroom, retrieving my own clothing, spit rags, snacks, and what-have-you's feels really good. I am not adventurous enough to start frequenting the stairs yet though, so the babe and I stay upstairs mainly. But, tomorrow I am giving Karl the day off of lunch duty, and I will be making my own meals all day long. I know, this all sounds ridiculous to those of you who haven't had labor and a c-section before, but being nearly recovered after a short 2 1/2 weeks (or long, how ever you look at it), is pretty good! As ridiculous as this sounds, I am mainly excited to start cleaning again! I am so sick of this cluttered-ness. I think a clean house and full cupboards could really do me good. I know, stupid, but so true.
To conclude my rant on motherhood and the like, I ran across this quote, and I liked it.
"A mother who gives herself completely to her infant meets herself in the dark and finds fulfillment. In the hours between midnight and dawn, she crosses the threshold of self-concern and discovers a self that has no limits." - Vimala McClure, The Tao of Motherhood.

No comments: