Thursday, August 27, 2009

Not Much New

There's not much new news on the adoption front.
We received a receipt for our application to USCIS and will hopefully receive finger printing appointments soon.
That's the next step.

I've recently joined up with Kentwood Community Church and Families of Promise's effort to bring awareness to the plight of children who are parentless, in helping them to plan a Women's Event that focuses on Orphan, Adoption, and Foster Care issues.
I'm excited.
I obviously have a passion for these issues, and am glad to be putting my experience and knowledge to work.
I really hope that this event will have an impact on the hearts of the women of KCC and Grand Rapids (area), and in turn make the lives for children better.

I'm also going to be going with Families of Promise to "Your Church and the Orphan" Workshop, September 19, at Grace Community Church in Hudsonville. This workshop is designed for church teams to spend the day working on developing an orphan ministry or to strengthen an existing one.

And I'm also going to be coming along side Greater Hopes Family Services, helping to re-build their website and also help be part of a team that's going to focus on developing an alternative foster care program.

So, that's a lot of volunteering to keep me busy!

1 comment:

Shea said...

I cant wait till you hear something. I have your button on my blog. We are adopting Oskar from Estonia.