So, Karl and I had an ultra sound a couple days ago and this is what we learned. Our child is a MOOSE. Okay not really, but he's huge like a moose. He is already about 5 1/2 pounds!!! He's in the 74th percentile, measuring about 2 1/2 weeks a head. Speaking of heads - his is huge! His head is measuring full term. It scares not only me, but my doctors too. So, they are giving me until December 11th to have the baby on my own, and if we don't have him by then - we are probably going to be induced. Even if we do go in to labor, he is big enough that they've already started talking about a possible C-Section scenario depending on when we go. Another thing to worry about is that my placenta is already showing signs of aging with multiple calcifications on it. what that means is that my body will realize it's time and hopefully we'll have him soon, or it won't. And if it doesn't, all kinds of complications are a possibility - especially if it decides it's done before the baby is born. So, again we'll be screened for that over the next couple of weeks, and if things progressivly look "older", December 11th might be our babys birthday via C-Section. Ohhhhh - it's a waiting game now, and it's killing me! I am soooo anxious.
Oh, and we got to see him sucking/breathing on the ultrasound, it's quite possibly the cutest thing ever.