Thursday, July 24, 2008

Nursing and Smoothies

So, I'm discovering that my daughter is two of many things:

1. Not a very productive or happy nurser. She takes forever, she has a hard time latching right, she screams and fusses at least half the time, and doesn't get much milk because she interrupts the flow every 15 seconds to whine.

2. An amazing bottle taker. She will suck a 4oz bottle in 10 minutes, with out any crying, fuzzing, gas, or interruptions.

I'm toying with the idea of pumping enough to mostly bottle feed, with the intent that me and my little lady will both be happier...

I noticed (well Kasey and my mom really boldly and lovingly told me) that I'm not eating enough, and I think that's part of the reason why I'm seemingly not producing enough milk.
You see, I have NO body image issues, thank God I really never have.
I love eating. I have no problem being 100 pounds or 150 pounds (*right now I'm on target with 115ish).
I just seriously don't have TIME to eat.
It sounds crazy - but when you have 4 children, 2 dogs, and a house to keep after it's really hard to find time to eat.
So, I've been having a combination breakfast/lunch in the mornings.
I have been drinking slim-fast for breakfast, and having a smoothie for lunch (AT LEAST, I eat if I can!). It's been working, because my milk is coming in fuller - and not to mention I have more energy.

The problem is that I am not a pre-made, processed, or package eater. I like eating home made, and fresh (I have a lucky husband!).
And honestly, I'd rather put nothing in my body than junk.
But, these smoothies take 2 minutes, taste great, and I put them in my freezer mug - So I can drink them over 2 hours if that's how long it takes me.

Yesterdays was blueberry and banana:

IMG_5687

MMMmmm.

I think for next week's batch I'm going to pick up some fiber and B vitamin powder to put in them to give me a little extra umph.

No comments: